What is 2FA（Two-factor Authentication）?
Two-factor authentication (also known as 2FA or 2-Step Verification) is a technology that provides identification of users through the combination of two different components.
With Two-Factor Authentication enabled on your ViaBTC account, you will have to provide your password (first “factor”) and your 2FA code (second “factor”) when signing in to your account. For your account security, we recommend turning on “2FA while signing in” after binding Mobile or TOTP to your account.
How to Bind Your Phone Number?
1. Visit ViaBTC official website (https://www.viabtc.com), log in to your account, and click [Settings] to enter the page in the top-right corner.
2. Find [Account Setting] after entering the page, then click [Setup] under [Mobile]
3. Enter your Authentication code first, click [Get code].
4. Choose your country, enter your Mobile number and the SMS code, then click [Yes] to finish.
How to Bind Google Authenticator?
1. Visit ViaBTC official website (https://www.viabtc.com), log in to your account, click [Settings] in the upper right corner.
2. Click [Setup] next to Google Authenticator under [Account Setting].
3. Get and enter the SMS code then click [Yes]. (If you have bound the Phone number)
If you didn't bind Phone number, you can get and enter the Email varification code, then click [Next].
4. Follow the instructions to download the Google Authenticator App, then click [Next].
5. Click [+] in the Google Authenticator app to scan the QR code or enter the 16-digit Secret Key, and fill in the blank with a 6-digit GA code generated. Enter the GA code and click [Next].
6. Back up the 16-digit Private Key on the screen and click [Confirm] to complete the binding.
Reminder: ViaBTC highly suggests that you backup 16-digit private key in a secure way.