Dear ViaBTC users,
According to the official news, ETC, short for Ethereum Classic, will undergo a “Thanos” hard fork upgrade at the block height of 11700000 on November 29, 2020 (UTC). After the upgrade, its algorithm will be changed from Ethash to Etchash. We will support this upgrade and have made the following arrangements:
1. Enable stratum url that is dedicated to ETC Pool. The original Smart Mining url will be updated to the stratum url exclusive for ETH Pool, you can conduct setup as needed.
ETC Pool URL: stratum+tcp://etc.viabtc.com:3333
Ports: 443/ 25
2. Suspend ETH/ ETC Smart Mining service. Due to different algorithms used by ETC and ETH after the upgrade, we will not able to offer ETH/ ETC Smart Mining service anymore.
3. ETC deposit and withdrawal will be suspended at 12:00 on November 28, 2020 (UTC). Once the upgrade is completed and the network becomes stable, we will re-open these services. Stay tuned to our further announcement.
- No forked coin will be generated in this upgrade.
- Please change your mining software to the one that is compatible with Etchash in time to avoid unnecessary loss.
ViaBTC reserves the right of final interpretation of this announcement.
November 27, 2020