*The passage is an eth-miner guide. If you wish to mine with Claymore, please click here.
Homepage White Paper Explorer Wallets Exchanges
Ethereum, founded by Vitalik Buterin, created an alternative protocol for building decentralized applications, by establishing what is essentially the ultimate abstract foundational layer: a blockchain with a built-in Turing-complete programming language, allowing anyone to write smart contracts and decentralized applications where they can create their own arbitrary rules for ownership, transaction formats, and state transition functions.
ETC Ethereum Classic
Homepage Explorer Wallets Exchanges
Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds.
NVIDA and AMD Graphic Cards are both available.
Payment Methods and Mining Modes
1. Choose a payment method in ViaBTC (What are PPS+, PPLNS and SOLO?)
2. "ETH/ETC Mining " and "Smart Mining" are supported by ViaBTC, and the smart mining supports [One-click Switch].
1). You can use ViaBTC username or ETH deposit address of ViaBTC pool as your mining username when applying ETH mining software(eg: ETH-miner/Claymore) or other softwares.
2). Please make sure your deposit address of ViaBTC pool is correct when filling username, otherwise, your username will not be identifiable, resulting in mining failure.
3). Unlike Bitcoin using ASIC miners, ETH and ETC use GPU miners for mining.
1) To begin with, you'll need a Windows(Linux) PC to run the mining software for applicable GPU types.
2) Mining software: Mining proxy software (eth-proxy.exe), Mining software (start-eth-miner.bat). Download it from here: http://download.viabtc.com/viabtc-eth-miner.zip
3) GPU Mining: Install graphic cards on your PC and start ETH mining.
Note: Find eth-proxy and eth-miner in the folder for your operation system (Windows or Linux compatible).
3. Set mining proxy
1) Locate eth-proxy.conf in the eth-proxy folder and open it with TextPad or any applicable editor to re-edit the file:
WALLET = “username" #username must be entered here
2) Double click eth-proxy.exe in the eth-proxy download folder after setting to run the mining software.
Note: Enter the username in your main account/sub account or ETH deposit address in www.viabtc.com. You can leave other options by default.
4. Configure mining software
1) Locate "start-eth-miner.bat" in the [eth-miner] folder.
2) Find the line written with “http://eth-proxyLANaddress:8080/workID”, change “eth-proxyLANaddress” to the IP address of PC running [eth-proxy], e.g.127.0.0.1. Meanwhile, you're recommended to change workerID to numbers only, e.g. the first mining rig can be named as 001, second one as 002 and etc. In this way, it's easier to manage your miners on the Miners' Interface.
5. Deploy mining
Double click "start-eth-miner.bat" to run the mining software.
Monitoring & Earnings
After the miner has been stabilized for around 10-15 mins , you can check operation status and profits via Workers and Earnings page. You can also download ViaPool to view the related data at anytime.
Auto Withdrawal (ZERO fee and unified payment everyday, recommended!)
Normal Transfer (Transfer anytime but fee is required)
Inter-user Transfer (ZERO confirmation and fee)
Transfer to CoinEx (ZERO confirmation and fee)
Why do I need to set multiple ports?
We recommend that users set multiple ports to ensure stable and sustainable mining. Should one of them is inactive, the miner will switch to the next one automatically.
If my miner is disconnected, how to fix it?
The status will become active after the miner keep running for around 10 to 20 minutes.
If the worker keeps producing invalid shares, please check your settings on the dashboard.
If the issue remains unresolved after checking, feel free to send us a ticket.