What is 2Two-factor authentication
Two-factor authentication(also known as 2FA or 2-Step Verification) is a technology that provides identification of users through the combination of two different components. In this case, you’ll protect your account with something you know (your password) and something you have (your phone). With Two-Factor Authentication enabled on your ViaBTC account, you will have to provide your password (first “factor”) and your 2FA code (second “factor”) when signing in to your account. For account security, we recommend turning on “2FA while signing in” after binding Mobile or TOTP to your account.
How to Bind Your Phone Number?
1. Go to www.viabtc.com, log in and click [Settings].
2. Click [Account Setting] and then click [Setup] next to the “Mobile”.3. Enter your phone number, click [Get code], then enter the SMS code and click [Yes].
How to Bind Google Authenticator?
1. After logging onto the ViaBTC website www.viabtc.com, move to your account name on the top right corner, click on [Settings] from the list.
2. Click [Setup] next to Google Authenticator under [Account Setting].
3. Follow the instructions to download the app and note down the 16-digit code.
4. Open Google Authenticator on your phone, click [+] on the top right corner and then either choose [Scan Barcode] to scan with your camera or [Manual Entry] to manually enter the 16-digit code.
5. Enter the 6-digit GA code from your mobile phone on the page. Now you have bound your account with GA successfully.