What is Phishing Attack?
Phishing attacks are a method of fraud that is mainly spread and implemented on the Internet. Taking advantage of people's psychological weaknesses such as instinct, curiosity, trust, and greed, fraudsters will fake ViaBTC through malicious links or software to steal the victims' account username, password, 2FA, and other sensitive information, thereby stealing users' assets.
Common phishing attacks include:
1. Impersonated ViaBTC customer support on chat tools such as Telegram
2. Fake ViaBTC website/App
3. Fake ViaBTC email
4. Fake ViaBTC SMS (with link)
5. Fake ViaBTC customer service numbers/links on the web
6. Free Wi-Fi phishing
How to prevent phishing attacks?
1. Do not trust anyone who contacts you and attempts to obtain your account information.
ViaBTC will not chat with you first through chat tools.
2. Do not log in to your ViaBTC account through other websites.
Download ViaBTC App through official channels (https://www.viabtc.com) to log in to your account.
3. Do not click on any unknown links.
No links will be attached to messages sent by ViaBTC official SMS channel.
4. Install firewall and anti-virus software to keep the online environment safe.
When your mobile phone is connected to unsafe Wi-Fi, your private information, including account username, password, and other sensitive data will be leaked.
1. Strengthen your prevention awareness and improve discrimination. Pay attention to information protection, and do not give out private account information to others.
2. After being infected by phishing emails/Trojans, it is necessary to modify the login password and 2FA in time, cut off the network connection of the infected device, and conduct a comprehensive antivirus.
3. If your account is hacked, or your assets are lost, etc., please contact ViaBTC Official Customer Support for assistance immediately.
Article is closed for comments.