ViaBTC doesn't have telephone channels. Anyone who contacts you by phone and poses as ViaBTC staff is a scammer. If you find any suspicious activities in your account, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Common scam cases:
1. Pose as ViaBTC official support in social media groups and DM you
2. Contact you through a fake ViaBTC email address, unofficial SMS channel, fake phone numbers, etc.
3. Cloned ViaBTC website
4. Fake ViaBTC related information found in search engines
5. Fake event/ investment projects
6. Set up fake Wi-Fi hotspots to steal personal information
Fake customer service or staff in social media groups
1. When the official ViaBTC administrator posts messages, there is an “Admin” logo in the upper right corner. Please pay attention to the identification.
2. ViaBTC admin will never do the following under any circumstances:
(1) DM you
(2) Ask for your account credentials such as sign-in password and 2FA code.
(3) Ask you to transfer cryptos to other addresses or accounts that Do Not belong to you.
Fake ViaBTC emails, text messages, phone calls, etc.
1. Email/SMS Phishing:
(1) Please always check the "sender/contact" of your email/SMS. If you have any doubts, please ignore the information. Do not trust strangers, click unknown links, or download unknown attachments. If you discover any phishing attacks, please contact us in time to prevent more users from getting harmed.
(2) It is strongly recommended that you add the following official ViaBTC email addresses to your email whitelist:
2. Phone Scams
ViaBTC does not have any phone call channels. Anyone who contacts you by phone and poses as ViaBTC staff is a scammer.
Cloned ViaBTC official website
The ViaBTC official website is http://www.viabtc.com/, Please ONLY visit this website for ViaBTC service. If you have any questions, please contact us for verification.
Fake ViaBTC advertisement online
1. Fake event
For any official events, ViaBTC will make an announcement in time. Besides, you can also follow the events published by ViaBTC communities. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
2. Fake investment projects
Please do not trust any publicity activities where you can earn huge profits with small investments. If you discover any fake investment projects, please contact us in time to prevent more users from getting deceived.
Fake Wi-Fi hotspots
1. The hidden programs in public Wi-Fi can tamper with web pages in the low-risk risk environment, causing spam information to continuously pop out, or insert hidden links in users' mobile phones to achieve malicious promotion and advertisement brushing.
2. The medium-risk risk is mainly to control user networks, including DNS hijacking and ARP attacks. Among them, DNS attacks can control the user's internet access range, causing users to be unable to access network or link to malicious URLs. The process of ARP attacks is different, but the results are similar, which can also cause user network interruption.
3. High-risk risks may lead to the disclosure of user passwords and data. In addition, in public Wi-Fi networks, hackers can also obtain sensitive personal information of users through phishing, such as name, gender, work unit, bank account, etc., to further implement precise fraud.
For more security suggestions, please refer to How to increase the security level for my account