Two-factor authentication (also known as 2FA or 2-Step Verification) is a technology that provides identification of users through the combination of two different components. In this case, you’ll protect your account with something you know (your password) and something you have (your phone). With Two-Factor Authentication enabled on your ViaBTC account, you will have to provide your password (first “factor”) and your 2FA code (second “factor”) when signing in to your account.
Why is my correct 2FA code “Incorrect"?
- Go to the Main Menu on the Google Authenticator app
- Select Settings
- Select Time correction for codes
- Select Sync now
On iOS (Apple iPhone):
- Go to the iPhone Settings App. (your phone settings area)
- Select General
- Select Date & Time
- Enable Set Automatically
- If it's already enabled, disable it, wait a few seconds and re-enable
How can I enable or disable Two-Factor Authentication?
For your account security, it is on by default. We strongly recommend turning it on.
- After your ViaBTC account is signed in, click your account name and enter [Settings] - [Account Setting] - [Password Setting] to switch on or off the two-factor authentication.
- Green means it is on, and grey means it is off.
- After your ViaBTC account is signed in, navigate to [Settings] - [Security Center].
- Tap on “Sign in Authentication” to turn it on/off.
Why do I get notified that my ViaBTC account was signed from a new IP address?
If your ViaBTC account is signed in on a new device, in a new location, and from a new IP address, you will be notified of the details as a means of account protection. Should there be any operation you do not recognize, please change your password at once.