What is Hedging Service?
The ViaBTC Hedging Service (the Service) is to provide ViaBTC users with a tool to hedge exposure and guarantee earnings in advance. Miners can estimate their mining output in a coming period, then borrow coins via the Service and sell at current market price to lock in their profit ahead of time. Subsequently, their future mining output will be used to repay the borrowings from ViaBTC.
How to use the service？
*Hedging Service is not available in the sub-account, please switch to your main account first.
1. Asset transfer
(1) Click [Finance] after logging in account successfully, and click [Transfer].
(2) Choose [From Mining Account to Hedging Account], enter the available amount or click [Transfer All], and then click [Confirm].
2. Create Hedging
(1) Click [Create Hedging] under the [Hedging Service] page (Take BTC as an example here).
(2) Enter the hedging amount and hedging price, and then click [Create Hedging].
(3) Enter the GA/SMS code and then click [Yes] to complete creating a hedging order.
1. The ViaBTC Hedging Service only supports "accounts with recent mining profit" instead of "0 hashrate accounts with assets transferred to ViaBTC".
2. The initial margin rate for all currencies is fixed at 20%, which equals to 6X leverage.
Example: If you hedge 6 BTC, the initial margin will be 1 BTC, and the borrowed amount will be 5 BTC. (Hedging amount = Amount of the borrowed coin + Initial margin)1) When a hedging order is executed, 3. ViaBTC will charge a 0.1% transaction fee of the hedging value and the fee will be directly deducted from the obtained USDT.
4. Unexecuted/partly executed hedging orders can be cancelled.
Other questions about hedging can be found at